Decoupage for the Soul

Every few months I feel the call to craft. I was taught by my mother and grandma almost every craft know to womankind. However, I never called any specific craft my own.
That may have changed.
I find myself drawn to decoupage. Why? Because there is no correct/right/expected way to do it. Each time I tear paper, mangle magazines, glue photos, cut quotes I am forging a new road, a different path from all those crafters who have patterned before me.
I cull images from the past to apply in an unexpected way to unsuspecting  items. Whether its a piece of deconstructed house ( a wall panel that is unloved and dated) or a old lunchbox or an apartment bathroom- I am making a conscious /semi-conscious decision to place this photo/image/word/note/color/joke/item/ in this new configuration.

I am the master of all I survey. I am also the designer of a new view of reality. An altered perspective. A shift in the visual paradigm of my universe. The prankster called Loki who sees humor in placing a magazine ad for vacations next to a landing on the moon article from the 1960's.

Comments

Popular Posts